AltaCom Managed Services provides infrastructure support and monitoring for a number of clients. This position is to provide technical leadership and work with a team that provides support for our customer’s environments. As part of the AltaCom team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities. AltaCom is an organization that encourages and supports ongoing training and development.
Department: Managed Services
Project Location(s): Calgary, AB, Canada
Education: IT Degree/Diploma
- Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
- Plan, set up and manage information technology systems including software, hardware and operation
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Create and carry out the plans, policies and procedures for company’s information systems
- Design, develop and implement information systems business solutions
- Conduct business and technical studies
- Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
- Assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
- Develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches
- Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle
- Structuring and prioritising business requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval
- An in depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft infrastructure services.
- A superior understanding of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, VMware ESXi 5,5.5,6 and Hyper-V and be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Expert level knowledge of Exchange , Lync 2010, 2013 and BES systems.
- Experience with Sharepoint, Microsoft clusters, Citrix, web farms, ISA, TMG and other systems security products.
- Expert Level knowledge of Citrix XenAPP, Netscaler, XenMobile, Sharefile.
- Experience with managing and leading small technical team.
- Handle escalations and stays on top of day to day activities.
- Excellent technical design and documentation skills and be able to mentor other team members and help with the design and build of various solutions.
- A solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking
- A strong understanding of backup and recovery processes and Storage, SAN like NetAPP, EMC.
- Knowledge of systems security and best practices.
- A strong understanding of ITIL practices.
- Superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Be effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook.
- Able to participate in the on call rotation and after hours work as required.
- An understanding and experience setting up and utilizing disaster recovery solutions. SRM experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of Windows Azure and/or Cloud Computing is an asset.
- Project management experience and skills are an asset.
- SQL or Oracle knowledge and skills are an asset.
- Experience with Cisco and/or Brocade fiber switches is an asset Strong scripting skills are an asset.
- A solid understanding of UNIX and/or Linux system administration is an asset.